Tuesday, July 28, 2009

God strengthens his people through prayer and spirit~

Prayer to our heavenly father along with the study of God's word; while asking for holy spirit, is what freed me from the Watchtower Organization. With a whole heart I encourage others to do the same.
(1 Cor 2:10) (Luke 11:19) (see also Romans 5:5)(Romans 8:5-6)
Listen to God, who instructed us to listen to his son!

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!”

Are we listening to God's anointed son or do we listen to another? As a Jehovah's Witness, I was conditioned to listen to the 'Governing body instead of God's son. Had I been actually listening to Jesus, I would have been partaking of the emblems during the Lord's Memorial as he commanded to his followers. 
(Matthew 28:19-20 ) "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you",

Yes, Jesus told them to teach new disciples to do all that he commanded his disciples to do. So why are so many Jehovah's Witnesses passing the emblems without eating and drinking as he instructed his disciples to do?

When Christ returns on the Lord's day he will ask,"
“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?
(Luke 6:46) 
  
(Matthew 7:21)
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."

Again, it is God's will, that we listen to his son!